ThermiVa Vaginal Rejuvenation
ThermiVa is one of the newest non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation procedures now available for labia and vaginal rejuvenation and tightening. As the first and only temperature-controlled radiofrequency system, ThermiVa is designed for women seeking assistance with vaginal laxity, vaginal/vulvar dryness, and low sexual desire (low libido). The use of radiofrequency energy is the key component of treatment with ThermiVa.
It is a great solution to address moderate stress incontinence, urinary incontinence, and sexual or orgasmic dysfunction without requiring a surgical procedure. Vaginal tightening has both internal and external benefits that repair vaginal tissue without needing an invasive procedure.
It is a common occurrence to experience excessive relaxation of the vaginal muscles after vaginal birth or in the natural aging process. Such damage can diminish sexual satisfaction and reduce sensation during intercourse, which can have a significant impact on the relationship between partners. Candidates for ThermiVa are those seeking to enhance or repair their vaginal tissue.
What is the vaginal rejuvenation procedure like?
A full vaginal rejuvenation procedure package consists of three treatments that are performed around four weeks apart. You can expect each session to last between 30 minutes and 45 minutes. You can resume normal activities, including intercourse, immediately after every treatment.
Many patients inquire whether or not there will be any pain involved in the ThermiVa procedure. The answer is a resounding “no”, and in fact, many women who undergo the treatment respond that it feels like a warm massage.
While there are other surgical vaginal rejuvenation treatments out there on the market, most use an aggressive approach involving an ablative laser that is known to be uncomfortable. This is one of many reasons we’ve chosen to incorporate the ThermiVa procedure as part of our practice.
Our goal is to make sure that our patients see the results they desire with as little to no downtime as possible, and that they receive compassionate and comfortable care.
What are some of the benefits of vaginal rejuvenation treatment?
There are many great benefits that patients receiving vaginal rejuvenation treatment may experience, though results may vary. Some of the key benefits include:
- Vulvar/Labial (external) tightening. Many women will experience tightened external labial tissues that will reduce sag. The result is smoother and softer skin. Patients who have undergone ThermiVa are generally more confident and comfortable in tight clothing such as yoga pants and bikinis.
- Vaginal (internal) tightening. The procedure tightens the opening as well as the full length of the vagina, which reduces vaginal laxity felt by both the patient and her partner.
- Reduced incontinence and leakage accidents. A significant benefit reported by patients is reduced accidents and leakage. Patients who have been diagnosed with mild or moderate stress incontinence are often able to reduce or avoid the use of mesh slings following treatment.
- Decreased dryness. The procedure increases the softness and thickness of skin, creating more moisture both externally and internally. ThermiVa makes sexual intercourse and daily life more comfortable without using hormones for those experiencing vaginal dryness or atrophic vaginitis.
- Increased sexual satisfaction. Increased vaginal sensitivity combined with more coordinated and stronger muscular contractions often leads to stronger orgasms achieved in a shorter period.
While the benefits that patients experience may vary, the overall goal is to increase confidence, enhance your daily life, and provide some correction to issues you may be experiencing. Like all of our treatments, we are committed to confidentiality and making sure that our services are provided in a caring and compassionate environment.
If you have any questions feel free to contact our office via phone, email, or schedule an appointment online.